Small Business Financials RSS Feed

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Let the Blame Game begin!

Today I'm seeing all over the news (yes, it's accounting news mostly) that the IRS Commissioner John Koskinen wrote a letter to Congress urging them to make a decision about the tax code for 2014, to prevent delays to the 2014 tax filing.

Does anyone else see a problem with this?

This has happened to us the last three years in a row and even when the "opening" date gets pushed back, the "closing" dates do not!  This only hurts the US population the Congress professes to care about most - the cash strapped!!

  • The IRS can't get the parameters in place to get the e-file system ready to receive transmissions on time.
  • The software provider can't get the software to the tax preparers.
  • There is an increased risk of error.
  • There is an increased risk of fraud.
  • I could keep going, but I won't bore you with THOSE details.


But, what irritates me the most, is why should I have to wait until January of 2015, after Congress has it's holiday, to know what my income tax situation will be for 2014?  I know this time of year drives me crazy, but am I really crazy?

If you want more details, here is a more complete article about it:
http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/irs-watch/irs-chief-warns-congress-possible-delay-tax-season-unresolved-tax-extenders-72264-1.html?utm_campaign=daily%20b%20final-oct%208%202014&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&ET=webcpa%3Ae3164828%3A4397047a%3A&st=email

No comments:

Post a Comment